4.9.08

Introduction to APD 242

Hello everyone,

I'm Jane and am in my final year of study in the CARS department here at UNC-Greensboro. Similar to many seniors, I have mixed feelings about graduating but overall am very excited to start a new career/life after college.

This semester feels different from past school years because of my unforgettable internship experience over the summer. I was fortunate to intern at Kelly MarCom, an integrated marketing/advertising/PR firm based out of Sanford/Raleigh, NC. Above all, the experience gave me the confidence, skills, and direction needed for a productive senior year and a
successful start after college. I am excited to have gained the respect and even friendship of those in my office and am grateful to Kelly MarCom for giving me my first shot at a professional life.

I am still exploring what job would best suit my skills, but I have a pretty solid idea of where I can start and what I want to become. After my internship, I am considering the idea of working at a marketing agency, since it involves integrated creative/strategic thinking, teamwork, and relationship building (all of which I enjoy). It all depends on what opportunities I find, but I would either like to (eventually) be an Account Exec or Account Manager at a marketing/advertising firm or work in global marketing for a US-based apparel company with operations in Asia.

One position I would like to achieve is to be an Account Exec/VP at a mid-sized marketing firm whos core clients have international interests or who have an already-established market presence. I want to work with clients to achieve their marketing goals overseas, specifically in the Asia-Pacific region. My dream is to eventually live abroad and live the life of an 'expat'. My cities of choice would be Hong Kong, Shanghai, or Taipei. I must also continue improving my Mandarin, after graduation I will have only had 2 years of language study. I will continue to take courses after college to prepare myself for a future career in China/Asia.

Although the road is challenging, I'm a hard worker and wouldn't have it any other way :)
I am truly passionate about my industry/language study and believe I have found a future/life I can achieve.


No comments: